High Speed Passenger Car Features - Talgo Series VII Passenger Coachess
The wide range of Talgo Pendular coaches allows a variety of combinations to suite the specific needs of any commercial service.
Key benefits include:
- Reduced weight for energy savings
- Independent wheels for increased stability and reduced wheel and track wear
- Natural tilting for increased comfort and speed on curves
- Easy maintenance
- Versatile and reliable train designed to optimize passenger rail transportation
These cars can become an independent train or be integrated with power units to become a Talgo 250 or Talgo 350 trainset
- Lightweight, short carbodies (43.1’ (13.14 m) long), based on welded aluminum-alloy extrusions; very low weight per seat.
- Airtight and pressurized carbodies for tunnels and crossings for speeds greater than 150 mph.
- Mechanical resistance in accordance with FRA and UIC standards.
- Anti-overturn, anti-override and anti-telescoping systems.
- Articulated .
- Very low center of gravity which improves stability on travel.
- Permanently steered rolling assembly axles that keeps the wheels parallel to the track on both straight and curved stretches that essentially removes hunting.
- Rolling assembly with single axles including independent wheels between cars.
- Talgo Pendular suspension, pneumatic type with natural carbody tilting.
- Pneumatic brakes over two discs per wheel (with an additional disc for speeds of 220 mph); anti-locking brake system (ABS).
- Intelligent computerized system for continuous control of on-board systems.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment to inform passengers about the location of the train throughout the trip.
Passenger Car Feature
|Accessibility||Cars with special features for wheelchair-bound passengers (ADA compliant); easy access from the side of the car|
|Air Conditioned Units||Located under frame. In Business Class, a personal controlled nozzle per seat|
|Audio / Video||Individual audio receiver. Volume control and channel selector (four audio channels and two video channels)
Music service with individual and/or available for the entire car
Video / TV Screens between the Aisles on the ceiling
LCD Screens in vestibules with interactive information for passengers
|Communication||In Club Class, individual video screens with three channel selections System informing passengers of locations with GPS unit for continuous assessment of train location|
|Doors||Automatically activated exterior access and inner inter-connecting doors|
|Electricity / Power||Electrical outlets at all seats for laptop computer connections or other electrical appliances|
|Internet||Available via request|
|Media Rack||Newspaper and Magazine rack for passenger|
|Restroom||One restroom in every car, with eco-friendly toilets and vacuum-empty cleaning
Complete space designed with the maximum quality in the details and accessories necessary for passengers’ personal hygiene. Feeling of space in a small area, where each detail has its practical, convenient and ideal place, for the use of passengers, as in a conventional restroom.
|Seats||Very comfortable and ergonomic
Reclining and rotating seats that can be adjusted to direction of travel. Equipped with footrests.
Individual Folding Tables
Club Class has Leather seats; First Class and Coach have cloth seats
Individual reading lights with controls on armrests. Power outlets for laptop computers or mobile telephones
|Storage||Spacious Luggage rack compartments and baggage racks above the windows
Storage area for heavy or large luggage
|Wastes||Waste and Recycle containers|
|Windows||Five large panoramic windows on either side of passenger coaches|