Maintenance of the rolling assembly, and in particular, the wheels is a critical aspect to ensuring safety for any rail equipment. The wheels have dimensional requirements to ensure conformance for regulatory compliance.
The wheels are commonly recognized as the highest consumable material cost driver for rail equipment. So maximizing the life of the wheel is a critical concern for the maintenance provider. One key way to maximize the wheel life is to remove only the material necessary to fully comply with the regulatory requirements. Milling processes often remove excessive amount of wheel material, usually from both wheels. This is where a Talgo Lathe can help your organization cut cost and be more efficient. The lathe can remove a specific amount of material (re-condition / truing) as well as ensuring that the wheel profile meets the regulatory requirement one or two wheels at the same time.
The Talgo lathes have key features that can enhance your wheel control and maintenance program.
- Lathe operators will not require CNC expertise to successfully operate a Talgo lathe
- Data can be transmitted via a RS-232 interface
- Works with other in-line monitoring and measuring equipment
- Talgo wheel lathes can be programmed for a variety of wheel profiles to ensure that your pre-defined requirements are met, every time.
- The under floor lathe allows you to keep the wheel and axle assembly connected to your equipment; wheel are placed over the under floor lathe; this reduces your labor costs have removing the wheel and axle assembly as well as re-installing a new or reconditioned wheel and axle assembly back into location
Refer to the subsequent Lathe 2112, 3112, and 4112 Tabs to obtain more information about the Technical Features of the Talgo Lathe.
Talgo wheel lathes are used throughout the world; isn’t it time for your organization to enjoy the cost savings benefits as many other leading organizations?
If you are interested in learning more about our lathes, contact our Seattle office